Indian CPA | Reporting Indian Property on US Tax Return

Selling Real Estate
Common question — Should I report the real estate outside US on my FBAR or 8938 forms

Report Rental income and expense as you would do on a rental property here in US.

Any taxes paid on the income in India can be received as a tax credit in US

Upon sale of property, capital gains from such sales are to be reported in the US Tax Return and any taxes paid in India could be received as a tax credit.

Inherited or gifted property – Needs reporting though not an taxable event. Reporting is important to get the basis carried over.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Montana Log Home Comes With Tie To An Early 1900s Copper King
An $11.5 Million Gem Surfaces For Sale Among Florida’s Barrier Islands
Real estate investor who shorted subprime mortgages says this housing boom is in a bubble, too
Homebuilder confidence rises in April despite record high lumber prices
SoftBank-Backed Better.Com Places Top Executive On Leave After Bullying Complaints

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *